Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pullling out of Grief


How can you pull yourself back up when you are grieving? This past week I have been absent from blogging due to the very sudden and traumatic loss of one of our dogs. It felt to me like the world had collapsed. The grief came in suddenly like a cement truck dumping it's load on top of my head. I was angry and felt extreme despair.
So I asked myself, what would I suggest to someone else who wanted to process their grief? The thoughts that came through were exactly what I had to do myself and it was very difficult to step up to the plate and practice what I preach. First of all, I had to feel all the emotions in my body as feelings on a physical level. It was extremely painful and so very difficult to do. Then the story would start. And I had to convince myself to drop the story. The ability to focus directly on the feelings in my body and drop the story came and went, came and went, came and went. And as the process continued it started to get a bit easier to feel the feelings and drop the story. At times I did not even want to drop the story. But it's coming along, slowly but surely.
Interested in more about this technique? Eckhart Tolle's CD set "Living the Liberated Life and Dealing with the Pain Body" is an excellent choice for listening and learning.
Till next time, many blessings, Maureen

No comments: